Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dimmu Borgir - Orchestra

This news made me very happy indeed! If ever there was a band who really justifes playing with an orchestra its these guys! An outsider looking in will dismiss this band on image alone but you don't have to stratch far below the surface to find some truly talented Musicians they make the most inhospitable Metal genre mainstream somehow!!!! If you are new to Black Metal this is where to start, purists will harp on about the early stuff but its all good!


Saw them a couple of years ago and loved them! I have nearly all their albums and they get played a lot!  I really hope they record this gig. I would be tempted to fly to Oslo if i was in Europe! I cant say enough good things about these guys, incredibly creative and exciting. Check them out and if you can see them live, you get your moneys worth!

Here is one of my favorite songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment