Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rob Zombie

This month see’s Rob Zombie playing his first UK gigs in 12 years and I am not going.

Gutted much?

Like you wouldn’t believe!

I wouldn’t say he is one of my favorite metal acts and I tend to listen to White Zombie more than his solo stuff. That being said I bought his new album Hellbilly Deluxe 2 and loved it, John 5’s (ex Marilyn Manson) guitar works has really given Robs music an added dimension. The critics have given fairly average reviews but who cares what they think. The live shows I have seen on YouTube look great with a cool set and I am sure plenty of showmanship, kind of  what you would expect from a guy whose major hobby is making movies.

What is most annoying about not seeing this gig and being in the middle of an ocean is the incredible line up. First of all as previously mentioned John 5 who is really making a name for himself as a bit of a shredder with his unique chicken pickin’ style is a head fuck of influences. Incidently he has / had (not that up on gossip) an incredibly hot mrs! 

John 5

The Line Up - I think? i have no idea what Piggy D looks like but i am sure thats him on the left, Rob John 5 and Joey.

Then there’s Joey “Slipknot” Jordison on drums considered by many to be one of the most talented drummers in the business, who am I to disagree with that. He is pretty awesome and gets a big thumbs up for me simply for filling in on drums for Satyricon some years ago,  putting on Frosts drum slippers is no mean feat.

And finally Piggy D from Wedensday 13 who if you are about 14 wear lots of eye make up and generally hate life are a good band I believe, not really my thing and I don’t in all honesty know much about them but its all got a place and he no doubt has some pedigree.

Then you have Rob up front who in every interview I have seen of him comes across as a really nice interesting guy who is very well informed and does something a bit different in the genre of Metal carving out his own very unique style. Plus he looks every bit like a rock star should!


Who doesn’t love Dragula! I am trying not to imagine how well its going to go down in the arenas across the UK.


Dig through the ditches,
And burn through the witches
I slam in the back of my
Dragula!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment